A Compelling Tale of a Majestic Being
The Federation of Environmental Organizations (FEO) of Sri Lanka is organizing “Sri Lankan Elephant 2015″ to showcase the current status of elephants in Sri Lanka. Designed as a trilingual outdoor traveling exhibition, this awareness exercise aspires to reach as many Sri Lankans as possible across the island. “Sri Lankan Elephant 2015″ is presented under the direction of the island’s primary elephant biologist Dr. Prithiviraj Fernando of the Center for Conservation and Research. The exhibition will be curated by the Saskia Fernando Gallery and feature images captured by renowned local wildlife photographers.
The traveling exhibition will be inaugurated at the Independence Square Complex in Colombo and will be on display in 11 other locations of which many are urban centers of the Human Elephant Conflict. The FEO would like your help to find two suitable candidates to travel around the country for approximately 50 days with this exhibition. The exhibition will begin at the End of June and run till Mid August.
We are looking for the following criteria:
1. Good command of Sinhala. Tamil would be a bonus.
2. Flexibility to travel around the island for approximately 50 days
3. Clear communication skills.
1. Will be in charge of the exhibition materials.
2. Will be responsible for the transportation, set up and take down of the exhibition.
3. Will be responsible for liaising with local organizations that will be helping with the exhibition.
The individual will be contracted by the Federation of Environmental Organizations for this time period and will receive a daily stipend of RS 1000 to cover meals. Accommodation and transport will be provided.
Please contact Vinod Malwatte (Coordinator Operations, FEO) for any further