This page is meant to provide easy access to useful research and information on a variety of topics related to the environment. Views and information expressed are of individual authors and institutions and do not reflect those of the Federation of Environmental Organizations (FEO). The FEO staff have made every effort to provide reliable sources of information. If you find information that is inaccurate, harmful, misleading, please report to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please feel free to share your research papers or relevant information on this page through email@example.com.
- Centre for Environmental Justice (CEJ) (http://ejustice.lk/)
- Asia Environmental Protection Organization (AEPO)
- Centre for Environment and Development (http://centreforenvironmentdevelopment.blogspot.com/)
- Green Movement of Sri Lanka, Inc. (http://www.gmsl.lk/)
- Institute for Tropical Studies (Rohan Wickramasinghe)
- Lanka Council on Waterfalls (http://www.srilankanwaterfalls.net/)
- Rain water Harvesting Forum (http://www.lankarainwater.org/)
- Sri Lanka Environment Exploration Society (http://www.slees.org/views/index.php)
- “Electricity Generation from Renewable Energy in Sri Lanka: Future Directions”
- “South Asia NGO Capacity Building for Poverty Reducing Sustainable Energy Solutions Project” Integrated Development Association (IDEA
- Unilever Sri Lanka Sustainable Development Overview 2011 (Private Corps)
- “Sri Lanka Wind Farm Analysis and Site Selection Assistance” M. Young and R. Vilhauer, Global Energy Concepts, LLC, Kirkland, Washington.
- Sri Lanka Sustainable Energy Authority (http://www.energy.gov.lk/)
- Ministry of Environment and Renewable Energy (http://www.environmentmin.gov.lk/web)
- Regional Center for Lighting (www.rclsa.net)
- South Asia Regional Initiative for Energy (SARI/Energy) (http://www.sari-energy.org/)
- Energy Forum – Sri Lanka (www.efsl.lk)
- EnerFab – Green Engineering (www.efpl.org)
- Renewable Energy for Rural Economic Development Project – Sri Lanka (www.energyservices.lk/index.htm)
- Ceylon Electricity Board – Knowledge Center: Renewable Energy (http://www.ceb.lk/sub/knowledge/renewable.html)
- Windpower.lk (http://www.windpower.lk/)
- LTL Holdings (Industry – Manufacturing/Engineering/Energy Production) Wind Power page: (www.ltl.lk/ltl-wind-power.html)
- JLanka solar energy (http://www.jlankatech.com/solutions-home.php)
- Solar lighting and hot water (www.laksolarsystems.com/)
- Access Solar (http://www.accesssolar.lk/)
- Wind Access in Sri Lanka (http://practicalaction.org/energy-advocacy/access-wind-sri-lanka)
- International Network For Sustainable Energy (INFORSE), (www.inforse.org)
- Practical Action (http://practicalaction.org/energy-advocacy/access-wind-sri-lanka)
- “Sustainable Consumption: Can Sustainable Consumers and Producers Save the Planet?” Mohan Munasinghe. PDF.
- “Advancing Sustainable Consumption in Asia”. UNEP, 2005.
- National Cleaner Production Centre (http://www.ncpcsrilanka.org/home.htm)
- “Sustainable Development and Terrorism: International Linkages and a Case Study of Sri Lanka”. Sumuthu Atapattu. William and Mary Environmental Policy Review. 30.2. 2006.
- “Sri Lanka Strategy for Sustainable Development”. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources. 2007.
- Aitken Spence (http://www.aitkenspence.com/sustainability/sustainability.asp)
- SwitchAsia (http://www.switch-asia.eu/switch-projects/project-impact/projects-on-improving-production/food-and-beverage-industrie-in-sri-lanka.html)
- Munasinghe Institute for Development – MIND (http://www.mindlanka.org/ )
- “Household Waste Composting & MSW Recycling in Sri Lanka” H.S. Premachandra, Central Environmental Authority, for the Asia 3r Conference in Tokyo, Oct 2006
- “Technical Guidelines on Solid Waste Management in Sri Lanka” Hazardous Waste Management Unit, Pollution Control Division, Central Environmental Authority.
- “Development of National Waste Management Strategies in Sri Lanka”. M.J.J. Fernando, Central Environmental Authority.
- “Municipal Solid Waste Management – The Sri Lankan Case” by Nilanthi J.G.J. Bandara, Department of Forestry and Environmental Sciences, University of Dri Jayewardenepura, Sri Lanka.
- “Construction Waste Management in Sri Lanka” Asia Pro Eco, EuropeAid Co-Operation Office
- “Synergies Between Chemicals and Waste Management – Sri Lanka Perspective” H.S. Premachandra, CEA.
- “Community Participation in Urban Solid Waste Management” Case Study of Siddharthapura Low Income Settlement, Colombo, Sri Lanka. K.A. Jayaratne .
- “Innovative Practices in Solid Waste Management,” UNESCAP assisted, Decentralized Solid Waste Management Project, Matale Municipal Council, Sri Lanka, K.A. Jayaratne, President, Sevantha.
- Sevanatha – Urban Resource Centre (http://www.sevanatha.org.lk)
- Geocycle (Waste Management Company) (www.geocycle.lk)
- ThinkGreen (Recycling and Waste Management Company) (www.thinkgreen.lk/index.php)
- Bentota River waste Management System (Part of INSOU, International Network in Support of Organized Development Initiatives) (http://www.insou.org/en/activities/sri-lanka/230-brwms.html)
Water and Agriculture
- “An Integrated Solution to Water Shortage in the Latex Glove Industry: A Sri Lankan Project Feasibility Study”. W.S.E. Fernando et al. IWA Water Wiki.
- “Sri Lanka’s Water Policy: Themes and Issues”. V.K. Nanayakkara.
- “Pollution of Inland Waters” from Sri Lanka: State of the Environment. 2001.
- “A Study of the Condition of Water Pollution in the Bolgoda River”. D. Nawoda and E.M. Savithri Ranasinghe. Department of Geology.
- “Analysis of Water Quality Variation in Kelani River, Sri Lanka Using Principal Componet Analysis”. S.W. Athukorala et al.
- “Unregulated/Illicit River Sand Mining in Sri Lanka- Impact of Awareness Campaign and Legal Recourse”. Ranjith Ratnayake.
- “Proceeding on the Workshop on Challenges in Groundwater Management in Sri Lanka”. Ministry of Irrigation and Water Resources Management, Water Resources Board, and Dam Safety and Water Resources Project”.
- “Breaking the Cycles of Land Degradation: A case study from Ban Lak Sip, Lao PDR” Water Policy Briefing: Issue 16.
- “Indigenous Water Management in Sri Lanka”. D.L.O. Mendis.
- “Integrating Wetland Economic Values into River Basin Management in Sri Lanka”. International Institute for Environment and Development. 2004.
- Global Water Partnership (http://www.gwp.org/gwp-in-action/South-Asia/News-and-Activities-GWP-South-Asia/Cleaning-up-Sri-Lankas-water/)
- Water Resources Board (http://www.gwp.org/gwp-in-action/South-Asia/News-and-Activities-GWP-South-Asia/Cleaning-up-Sri-Lankas-water/)
- Lanka Council on Waterfalls (http://www.srilankanwaterfalls.net/)
- Lanka Rain water Harvesting Forum (http://www.lankarainwater.org/)
- “Climate Change and Sri Lanka”. Ajith Silva. Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources.
- “Climate Changes in Sri Lanka”. L. Manawadu and Nelun Fernando, University of Colombo. 2008.
- “Climate Change: Challenges and Opportunities in Sri Lanka”. B.V.R. Punyawardena, Department of Agriculture.
- “Hazard Profiles of Sri Lanka”. Ministry of Disaster Management. 2012.
- CCAFS – Climate Change, Agriculture and Food Security – Multinational Research Org (http://ccafs.cgiar.org/search/node/sri%20lanka)
- CGIAR: Global Agricultural Research Partnership (www.cgiar.org)
Wildlife and Habitat Conservation and Management
- “Equator Initiative Case Study Series: Local sustainable development solutions for people, nature, and resilient communities”. UNDP on Sri Lankan Wildlife Conservation Society.
- “The Human-Elephant Conflict: A Review of Current Status and Mitigation Methods”. B.M.A. Oswin Perera. Gajaha 30:41-52. 2009.
- “Sri Lanka’s Coastal Zone Management Plan”. Amended in 2006.
- “Governance Performance in Integrated Coastal Management”. Sanjiv de Siva et al.
- “Information Brief on Mangroves in Sri Lanka”. IUCN.
- “Safeguarding Wetland Protected Areas in Cities”. IUCN.
- “Biodiversity conservation in Sri Lanka’s novel ecosystems”. Rohan Pethiyagoda 2012.
- Biodiversity and Elephant Conservation Trust (http://www.elephantsinsrilanka.org/)
- Sri Lanka Wildlife Conservation Society (http://www.slwcs.org/)
- Pinnewela Elephant Orphanage (http://www.elephant.se/location2.php?location_id=43)
- Wilderness and Wildlife Conservation Trust (http://www.wwct.org/)
- Wildlife Conservation Society Galle (http://www.wildlife.lk/)
- Federation of Wildlife Conservation (http://www.wildfed.org/)
- Field Ornithology Group of Sri Lanka (http://www.fogsl.net/)
- Rainforest Rescue International (http://www.rainforestrescueinternational.org/rri/)
- Turtle Conservation Project Sri Lanka (http://www.tcpsrilanka.org/)
- The Wildlife and Nature Protection Society http://www.wnpssl.org/
- European Outdoor Conservation Association (http://www.outdoorconservation.eu/project-detail.cfm?projectid=25)